Did You Know
The average adult will walk almost 75.000 miles in their lifetime. Our feet support our entire body weight with every step we take. It is important to support them, so that they can support us.
At Urban Soles, we use custom orthotics (i.e. prescription shoe inserts) to help Torontonians stay mobile and pain-free. The best orthotics, however, are only as good as the shoes they are worn in; we noticed that a large number of patients have inadequate footwear.
While we always assist our patients with their footwear, we also want to empower the community at large to get their feet into more comfortable and supportive shoes.
Why footwear awareness matters
- 60 percent of people are wearing the wrong size shoes, which can lead to:
- foot deformities such as bunions and hammertoes
- corns, calluses, and blisters
- muscle adaptations + gait compensations
- Many Canadians do not know when to replace their footwear and wear shoes that exhibit excessive wear or material fatigue; this can lead to:
- low back pain and other spinal or lower extremity discomfort
- Most Canadians are not aware of their foot shape;
- 27 percent of all shoes bought online are returned for bad fit
- Many Canadians do not know what to look for when shoe shopping;
- non-supportive, incorrectly sized, and ill-fitted footwear, can lead to pain and strain, not just in the feet but also in the knees or spine
60 percent of people are wearing the wrong size shoes, which can lead to foot deformities, painful corns, callus, and blisters, and impact the way you walk
What is happening during Footwear Awareness Month
During the month of March, we are providing complimentary education and assistance to the community. We are also excited to launch new services and products we created to provide even more value to current and prospective patients. Here is a glance at the highlights of this month:
- FREE Educational Resources
- FREE Footwear Audit
- NEW Services & Products Launch
- FREE Educational Resources: Every week during March, we will be discussing a new footwear-related topic. Keep an eye out for our weekly blog posts and follow us on Facebook (@urbansolestoronto).
- FREE Footwear Audit: Have your favourite footwear assessed for correct size, fit & wear pattern and your feet digitally scanned to establish whether your shoes are suitable for your foot type.
- NEW Services & Products Launch:
- Done-For-You Shoe Shopping
- Orthopaedic/Diabetic Shoe Fitting (Over-The-Counter)
- Orthopaedic/Diabetic Shoe Modifications
- 10% OFF our professional shoe fitting services during the month of March
- Footwear + Custom Orthotics Bundles