Did You Know
Many Canadians have some form of extended health coverage, but only few actually use it. With the end of the year in sight, there are only a couple of weeks left to take advantage of your benefits for this calendar year. The good news is, it is not too late to take stock of your health and wellness and add some needed therapy to your busy schedules. There are health and wellness promoting therapies that won’t require a lot of your time and provide you with a host of benefits.
Do you have foot pain, knee pain, or low back pain?
Research shows that back and other joint pain can be linked to foot abnormalities. Most people do not know that they have a foot abnormality, because they have no foot pain. However, 8 in 10 Canadians have a foot dysfunction that can lead to problems elsewhere in the body, such as the knees, low back, and even the neck.
Foot dysfunction and associated lower extremity or spinal pain can effectively be corrected with custom orthotics. Custom orthotics are prescription insoles for your footwear that are designed to correct foot dysfunction and help relieve associated muscle and joint pain as well as prevent overuse injuries. Stabilizing orthotics are clinically proven to reduce low back pain by 34.5 percent. Most extended health benefit plans cover custom orthotics, and you may be eligible for a pair each year.
“8 in 10 Canadians have a foot dysfunction that can lead to problems elsewhere in the body, such as the knees, low back, and even the neck.”
We Can Help
At Urban Soles, we offer a complimentary digital foot assessment to establish whether you could benefit from custom orthotics. The latest technology allows us to instantly assess the alignment and structural integrity of your feet and objectively pre-determine your orthotics needs. During your complimentary consultation, we also provide you with footwear education and answer any questions you may have about how custom orthotics can help you feel better, move better, and perform better.
What to do next
- Schedule a complimentary digital foot assessment at Urban Soles. To take advantage of your benefits for this year and ensure receipt of your orthotics by the end of the year, we recommend scheduling your appointment no later than December 9th.
- Review your extended health benefits plan to understand your custom orthotics coverage. Gather the following information:
- Are custom orthotics and custom orthotic sandals covered under my plan?
- What is the maximum coverage
($ amount + number of pairs)?
- What is the coverage period (e.g. per calendar year, every x months)?
- Is a pre-approval required?
- Is a prescription required? Will the prescription expire after a certain time?
- Which healthcare providers can prescribe custom orthotics under my plan?
- Can chiropractors dispense custom orthotics under my plan
- What casting techniques are accepted?
- What paperwork do I need to submit?
- copy of biomechanical assessment + gait analysis
- lab invoice
- manufacturing information
- payment receipt
- dispension date
- Per-calendar-year benefits: Do my orthotics have to be dispensed or just paid in full by the end of the year?